Photo by Michael Muller for The New Review, June 23, 2013, issue.
Lynch hasn’t directed a movie in almost a decade, and though there are occasional rumours of a script in the works, he seems doubtful that he’ll ever make a feature film again. In 2011, he told another interviewer, “I don’t know what’s happening to cinema. It hasn’t settled into what it’s going to be next.” Now, he says, it is settling – and he doesn’t like what he sees.
"It’s a very depressing picture. With alternative cinema – any sort of cinema that isn’t mainstream – you’re fresh out of luck in terms of getting theatre space and having people come to see it. Even if I had a big idea, the world is different now. Unfortunately, my ideas are not what you’d call commercial, and money really drives the boat these days. So I don’t know what my future is. I don’t have a clue what I’m going to be able to do in the world of cinema."
I’ve also been enjoying his new album The Big Dream, the third song, Last Call is sick! Here’s a new ten minute doco on the making of it:
Feels like I’ve been trying to grow my David Lynch hair for ages now.
Think I’m going to give up.
12 Notes/ Hide
- cloudsaladin likes this
- sealalokolloevans reblogged this from tmaction
- sealalokolloevans likes this
- regalicesrojos reblogged this from cerezagranate
- oshkosh-posh likes this
- caritadeperenken reblogged this from voithenberg
- voithenberg reblogged this from cerezagranate
- shoreoftwinpeaks reblogged this from tmaction
- sexbathorrorvampiresex likes this
- voithenberg likes this
- cerezagranate reblogged this from tmaction
- tmaction posted this